Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A long time coming

I know it's been a very long time with no update. So I guess it's time to update so the villagers will put down there fire sticks and pitch forks,
here is your update!

Zed had been doing really good he was starting to feel a little better after a couple of months of chemo, his Dr. even said to him on his visit on the 7th that he looked as good as he had remembered him ten years ago after finishing chemo the first time. That was good to hear, maybe things were starting to look up for him and he was slowly getting stronger and feeling better.
As the week of the 7th went on he became tired and was more nauseous then normal, when they went in for round two on the 14th they said his blood was low again (this could account for the extra tiredness and nausea) so they gave him the option to get chemo and then go for a blood transfusion or get a blood transfusion and then come back on Tue for the second part of chemo.

They decided to do the blood first, he gets his chemo at McKay Dee this is where is Dr office is, but the hospital for there insurance is Ogden Regional so they have to go there for the blood transfusion. They were there from about 3:30ish to I think my mom said 11:00. This is Zeds third blood transfusion since December so I said that if he starts to act different then his normal self its cause he doesn't have much of his own blood left.

Mom said that he was able to rest well during the transfusion so that was a plus. He seems to be feeling a little better this week. He is scheduled to receive chemo again on the 28th, lets hope his blood is where it needs to be! Thanks for all your love and support

2 comments:

Teddy said...

We love you guys. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Lannis, Hi this is Steph (you know Mels sis) anyways I have lived the hospital life, up and down those stairs at all hours of the night, just to get some fresh (cough cough) Salt Lake City air, and someone once asked me, "how do you do it Steph?" ya know I would look at them and say, "By the grace of God I get to bring her home!" and that is how I did it. Lannis, I know that we see God in a different form but he is the same and I know you have the faith that we all have, and the faith and hope I have I know with all I have got to give that you will be able to come home with the man that you love, the father of your children, your best friend home where he belongs. You are in my thoughts, dreams and most of all you are in my prayers. Gods will is being done. Take care. Much love to you always Stephanie Phillips